For the past week or so, and off and on for the past 6 weeks, E has been sleeping in the bed with her mommy- and sometimes her daddy, but that isn't as comfortable. She will go to sleep in the evening without a problem and sleep in her crib for a few to several hours. But then... she wakes up and will not tolerate being put back in her crib. No matter how asleep I think I have gotten her, as soon as she hits the mattress it's like a little electric shock has gone through her!
And then there was last night...she only woke once and was content to be placed back in her crib- YIPEEEE!
It's not that I mind co-sleeping so much. There are definitely pros and cons. Firstly, she gets some great sleep when she comes to the bed and it really does make me happy to have her there with me, even though I often don't sleep as comfortably myself. My main concerns are the fact that I don't want it to become an unbreakable habit should we enter a situation where mommy can't or doesn't want to co-sleep anymore. And also, I can't really get up during the night to go to the bathroom or wake up early to get ready in the morning. Not only would I be concerned for her safety when I wasn't there, but she needs the opportunity to sleep longer in the morning without being woken up at the same time I am.
So now I am wondering- was she just being really "needy" recently since she has obviously been teething, or was last night just a fluke. I guess only time will tell. All I know is a person could go crazy trying to figure a baby out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Well, I cosleep with my child...but my child has fur. ;)
HA! Yeah I guess I should edit to say that sometimes it is me, Michael, the CAT and the baby. Too bad a king sized bed won't fit in our room!
I love sleeping with the little guys, but like you, I actually never get good sleep when Ben is in bed with us. Have you tried one of those bed side cribs? They are like bassinets but the are level to the bed with a collapsible side so you can still snuggle, or try to scoot her over to her area and raise the side when you need. I'm not sure what they are called, but I have seen them at babies r us.
And don't worry, if co sleeping works for now, do it, you can always break habits later by just simply not letting her in bed anymore. Most people I talk to say the whole transition to a "big kid" bed makes ending the co sleeping easier because kids get excited about their new bed.
Also, I put you in the Bugaloo contest and Lansinoh, sorry shabby apple ended already BUT if you want to get a discount I have a discount with them running until Dec. 31. at checkout put in "coordinatedchaosblog15off" to get 15% off your purchase! I'm saving up some money so I can use it myself for a Christmas present to me :)
OH! (sorry my comments are so long) I wanted to tell you I tried the bumgenius cloth diapers-I loved them but they are a little expensive (18$ each...yikes!)to have to use a new one every time-I thought the pocket diapers I'd be able to just change the inserts, but I don't think that would work. So, I have some prefolds and swaddlebees covers and thristies coveres ordered-I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks for all that info!!
Post a Comment