I am not saying this song is a miracle worker, but it really is quite efficient at putting my little E to sleep. She is known to fight sleep (mostly naps) but this song works probably 90% of the time. I have to say that I was a little skeptical at the thought of singing (especially me singing) helping her fall asleep. I mean I get the vacuum thing kinda, and the car seat, but singing... really??
I admit that while I am singing she also has a paci and is being rocked, but I take what I can get.
Now I just have to see if Ican get her daycare providers to do it. There are many days when I pick her up and her nap log has only one 30 to 45 minute nap on there. Sometimes the one nap might have only been 15 min! I know that it can sometimes be hard work getting her to sleep even in optimal conditions, not to mention a super bright, noisey room with tons going on, but it's almost as important as food to her wellbeing! That one short nap means that she is EXAHSTED when she gets home, and so instead of trying to spend a little time with her or try to get errands done after work, she really needs to be taken straight upstairs for a nap. Lately I have been lucky to have 2 to 3 waking hours with her in a day- and half of that is probably in the morning when I am in a rush to get everything done and get myself to work at a reasonable time.
Whew- what a whiney post! But this whole sleep thing just seems to effect every other aspect of our lives in some way. Hopefully things will work out soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The day care girls should defiantly be able to sing to her (Im sure they do already) but singing that song and rocking her should help her fall asleep. Also, see if they could try turning out the lights when they do it-even if the other kids wont sleep or aren't sleepy, they will probably enjoy the calm atmosphere dimmed lights can create. We did it all the time in our preschool when we had kids that just couldn't nap otherwise! And having the lights down low or off often got the others all calm as well. Good luck!!
Post a Comment