Birthday Countdown

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Sate Fair time!

The North Carolina State Fair is going on right now, so we took the opportunity to take E out for her first fair experience. Mostly for us older folks it's about eating- haha- but we thought E might enjoy seeing the people and animals.
Well, we went to a few barns and even watched racing pigs/ducks/goats, but E was definitely more interested in the people and lights/sounds than any smelly animals! She is usually pretty "talkative" but she barely made one or two sounds, she was so engrossed in taking in all the new stimuli. Of course she was perfect during our entire visit, but as soon as we got into the car the meltdown started :( Luckily it didn't take as long as I feared to get her to go to sleep- although she did wake a few times during the night.
Daddy got to wear her during the evening so she was nice and toasty even though the air was quite chilly.
"I haven't seen daddy in a while, where is he?"
"Oh! There you are!"

Eyes peeled for deep fried mac n' cheese!


Mommy got her mac n' cheese, daddy got his jumbo corndog and they both got some ice cream. E wants to know when SHE gets a bite!

2 comments:

Miche said...

Beth!! I didn't realize you had a blog! It is so cute-I love the pictures of E!! She is getting so big!! I'm sad we are missing it-we'll be back soon and then she can boss my boys around :) We miss you guys!!

Miche said...

and yes, the laundry is a concern of mine as well...hahah! But honestly, I'm not too horrible at the laundry-I just like to complain about it and it has become more of a joke than a real problem, but you are right...I will be doing lots of laundry with cloth...:) Thanks again for all the awesome info; please tell your mom to email me. Also, do you know a lot about cloth? I'd love to pick your brain if you do...:)