Birthday Countdown

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This time change thing might not be so bad...

I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like we may have lucked out with the time change. I was really worried Sunday when I was fighting just to keep Emily up until 6. Recently she has been sleeping 6:30pm to 5:30-or earlier, but she went down at 6 and slept 'til after 7 am. It was restless sleep, but at least she didn't get up even earlier than usual.
I thought we would try our luck last night and put her to sleep at 7. She got pretty fussy towards the end of our routine (bath, bottle, snuggle) but she went down easily and woke up around 6 am and drifted in and out of sleep for about an hour until I went in and got her at 7am.
I hope we can keep her bedtime pushed back so that I will get more time with her in the evenings and we can get in the routine of feeding her supper before bed! But like I said, this is only 1 1/2 days in the making, so she may just be adjusting to the new time and will go back to her old ways.

Oh the joys of wandering clueless down the path of parenthood!!

1 comment:

Miche said...

Oh hurray she is doing so well with it so far!! We had the opposite-both A and B are getting up even earlier-eesh! We are getting up around 7:30 now, but they don't go to bed until 9.

It's funny how the kids kinda direct us in this whole parenting thing :)