Birthday Countdown

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 1, 2008

Peas and Thank You

No that is not a typo, and this post is not a lesson in manners.
I have been really lax about posting lately and I feel kind of weird talking about Thanksgiving now that all the food has been eaten and it's not even November anymore! It's pretty obvious what precious gift we are thankful for this year.

Now on to the peas. E has tried a variety of solid jar foods including bananas, squash, carrots, sweet potatoes and... peas. She is definitely not impressed with the only green thing she has encountered. And since being offered peas 3 days in a row- she has been suspicious now when any solids are offered. She wants to make sure nobody is trying to sneak any of those nasty peas in there! I can understand her aversion though. I wouldn't say that any jar food is particularly appealing, but the peas seem especially bitter and unsavory to me as well! I think we will hold off on peas until we are giving her table food and can put a little flavoring on them for her.

Today she is trying peaches, so fingers crossed that she likes those!

No comments: