E had her one year pediatrician visit on Thursday. She got all the recommended vaccinations and so far no adverse effects from that, although the Dr said that about 10% get a rash and fever approximately 10 days after the shot- so we still have that to look forward to...
The doctor said she looked great (other than a slight ear infection which she is taking antibiotics for) and we started giving her milk the day after the appointment. Right now it is half formula/half milk in her bottles, and she has taken straight milk out of her sippy just fine. I am not concerned at all about the transition to all milk- it's the dropping of bottles that I'm kind of wary of.
The doctor said- Oh it's simple- you just take all the bottles away and use sippy cups! ha! I tried dropping one yesterday by pushing her second bottle to about 2:00 (when she would normally be getting up from a nap at daycare) but 12:30 and 1:00 rolled around and she was NOT having it. A major fit ensued. I thought it was probably the bottle that had her so upset, but I was worried she wasn't feeling well or something, so I went ahead and made the bottle early. That did the trick though.
I guess technically I was a success yesterday, because she did only have 3 bottles rather than her usual 4, but I am worried that her being that needy of a bottle will disrupt nap time at daycare. Plus it is forshadowing a problem with getting completely get rid of them- yikes.
I got the idea last night- stupid or brilliant, we will see- to replace the nipple on the bottle with a sippy cup lid (yes, they are interchangeable b/c we have avent brand for both) to see if that will be enough to gradually get her tired of the bottle. Wish us luck!
Oh, and I almost forgot to update her stats (the whole reason for the post title!)
25 lbs 5 oz
30.5 in
don't remember the head circumference but it is about 89% while height and weight are about 92%.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow, she is a big girl! Glad to hear she's doing so great!
Post a Comment